Why Our Pub is Great
The Sweet Chestnut pub is the ideal location for families travelling from far and near, and for business travellers coming to Dunfermline for a short break. Our 26-room lodge, with en-suite facilities, free Wi-Fi, and digital TV in every room, makes us a great accommodation option. And our location in Fife Leisure Park, which is well stocked with entertainment options and a health club, means there’s plenty for you to do when you’re not attending meetings.
We’re also a great place to eat out in Dunfermline. Our varied menu of proper pub classics is served daily, alongside a carvery that offers superb meat and veggie options at great prices. You can choose from three tender meats or a non-meat alternative, and each plate comes piled high with Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, and veg. Not up for a roast dinner? From starters and sharers to great traditional mains and pub favourites, we’ve got plenty to please everyone in the family. There are healthy options, light bites, and modern takes too.
Whatever you choose, make sure you leave room for one of our wicked desserts! Calorie-counters beware: these puds are not for the faint of heart. Can you handle them?
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus